My question concerns our final project. How will copyright affect our digital library collections? Can we use media (text, images, video) produced by others if we give them credit for their work?
I think the purpose of this project is to learn how to use Dspace or Greenstone to build a library system. Copyright is important in library service. Speaking of this project, I feel that we can use media that produced by others, since our project will be not put online and this is all for personal study use. Out behavior is protected by the fair use doctrine. But when we use the copyrighted works, we have to cite and label them. That is my opinion.
I think the purpose of this project is to learn how to use Dspace or Greenstone to build a library system. Copyright is important in library service. Speaking of this project, I feel that we can use media that produced by others, since our project will be not put online and this is all for personal study use. Out behavior is protected by the fair use doctrine. But when we use the copyrighted works, we have to cite and label them. That is my opinion.
ReplyDelete